Friday, October 17, 2008

Daddy's can be so cute!!

I have been wanting to go window shopping for baby stuff for about a month. Bret had time before work today so we finally went. He likes shopping as much as I do but we have lots of family and friends who can't wait to spoil baby Hayden with stuff and we are grateful for their generosity. So this trip was only to look and think for a future spending date. Just as we were walking into the first store Bret told me "lets not buy anything till after the baby shower" and I agreed... This first store was a second hand childhood shop and it was great!! Everything was in good repair from cloths to swings to wall decorations to cribs to diaper bags and lots more. I was getting really exited for that future spending day!! Next, thing I know we see this really cute framed poster about toddlers and how everything is theirs. We really liked it and the price was right so, I picked it up. Then, Bret spotted a variety of mobiles and quickly headed straight for them. When I caught up to him he turned around with a Tigger rocking horse in his arm and a big grin on his face. He is the biggest sucker for Tigger and again the price was right. We headed for the check out before we saw anything else with the right price.
We then drove to Babies R Us. I've never been in there before and assumed the prices would not be just right so I was content with just looking... It was a nice store and the prices were not as bad as I expected. We looked at baby monitors, furniture, strollers and baby bibs. If you ever want a good laugh read the baby bib wall at Babies R Us... Bret couldn't resist getting a couple! Now remember, this trip was my idea and he said we shouldn't buy anything even before we entered the first store. The bibs he had to get said "chicks dig me" and "If you think I'm cute, you should see my dad". I'm telling you sometimes Daddy's can have as much, if not more fun then Mommy's. We left before he could pick out Hayden's first University of Michigan jogging suit.

6 comments:

Jacob and Crystal Krausz said...

Oh my goodness Kari; that is hilarious! I am sure that Bret was super cute with how he was acting. Jacob and I aren't even planning a baby yet and he acts like that in stores so I can only imagine. =)

LOVE YOU!

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Nice to meet you Kari!! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! It is so wonderful to hear your story and get to know you better through reading your blog. I am so excited for you and Bret. I know personally what a miracle you are experiencing! I never thought I would be able to have a baby but Ryan and I put it in the Lord's hands and prayed fervently for absolute FAITH in his ability to bring this to pass and we were blessed! You are an inspiration and I will definitely check up on your blog. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to e-mail me at : sharlie@larsenglobal.com. Blessings!! Sharlie

Anonymous said...

if university of michigan football doesn't turn around soon, hayden may get fun of a lot in school

trisha rae said...

Yes I'm alive - more then ever now. Yup, I'm still aware I have your disc - I'll have to drop it off to him when I make it to the mall. I haven't been over that way since August. But the next time I'm there I'll bring it to him.

How far along are you?

Cordie said...

This is Cordie your cousin Michael's wife. Sorry I never left you a comment earlier but I just wanted to thanks for the comment you left on our blog and Michael says hi. Stay in touch

The Strawn Family said...

This is Stephanie (Larsen) Strawn. Colleen gave me your blog address - CONGRATULATIONS on your little one. There is nothing better than being a mom and dad. Bret will be an INCREDIBLE dad, he is one amazing guy! Hope things are going well for you!