Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pregnant and Lovin it




Baby Hayden is now 27 weeks along or about 6 months gestation. I feel him kick often and even Bret gets to experience his strength sometimes. At our last appointment, the doctor said something I have never heard before about myself and it really surprised me...She said" Kari everything looks normal". With my health and character, "normal" has never been used to describe me before but it was so nice to hear that this pregnancy is going as expected.
Because I have Cystic Fibrosis this is a high risk pregnancy. We chose not to have Bret genetically tested to see if he was a CF carrier. Though we could pass CF on to our child we feel the Lords blessing upon us as our baby grows within me. We will not know until he is delivered and either way he is ours and we are his for Eternity.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with everything to both of you. It sounds like things are going very well! Bret really deserves the best and it sounds like he found it!

Ashley said...

Congrats!! I am glad to hear that the pregnancy is going well. Cute name for your little bundle of joy!
David and Ashley Johnson

Shelley said...

Congrats again! I can't believe you decided on that name- Brady loves the name Jayden- coincidence? I think you and Brady spent way too much time together pre-marriage! ;-)

AMezNewz said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! It will be easier to keep in touch! Let me know if you happen to come to Utah before or after you have the baby. We'd love to throw you a shower.

Unknown said...

You and Lisa are about the same size, its very exciting. We are very glad to hear that things are going so well with your pregnancy. The "Normal" comment is hilarious. Are you going to be in MI around Christmas time, we will be there for about two weeks, we need to try to see you later Ben

Jacob and Crystal Krausz said...

I MISS YOU!!!!

Katelyn said...

I came across your blog through Sharlie's blog. I have Cystic Fibrosis too and I must admit it is so encouraging to see a woman with CF having a full, healthy pregnancy. I hope we keep in touch and I pray that you're pregnancy continues to be wonderful.

Aaron said...

This is Lori typing by the way. You are a way cute pregnant woman! Wish I could give you a hug. It's hard being so far away! Take it easy and put your feet up. We love you!

trisha rae said...

Kari

you look very pretty sitting on the rock.