Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Monkey for a son

Tonight I had Hayden while Kari was off visiting teaching. When ever we put Hayden down to bed, we always read him a book or two before laying him down. He likes to climb up in his rocking chair and sit in it by himself while you read the book to him, and then he gets down and runs around his room too. I always try to beat him to the rocking chair so that I can sit in it to read his book and then he plays the up down game with me while I am reading his book. So tonight he beat me to the rocking chair and I decided to sit on the floor with my back leaning up against his crib. We always leave the bar down to his crib when we get him out of it and put it up after we lay him down for bed.
I was reading his book and Hayden decided to come sit on my lap, then after about 3 seconds of that he decided that he would turn around and give me a hug. Doing so he was facing his crib next thing I know he was climbing up me by stepping on my stomach to my chest and then to my shoulder. By this point he was high enough to put one leg over the bar and straddle it then continued on to the other side and kind of fell into his crib. After laying there for about 5 seconds in his crib he wanted back out but could not do so by himself. I was able to lift him out with out getting up and after I set him back on the floor he was back on me trying to climb up again. This time I stopped him because I was one page away from finishing the book, and wanted him to start settling down so that when the next time he did get in his crib it would be to go to bed.

2 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

It's amazing what they can get into! It was great to see you, wish we could've chatted more. Email me at strawn05@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite to our blog.

Tyler and Desi Lu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.